Friday, October 24, 2008

Custom favicons disabled in Blogger - a fix

Google recently disabled custom favicons in Blogger blogs but there is a workaround. And here it is...

The old method of getting a custom favicon to display in a Blogger blog no longer works. As of October 2008 you now need to insert the code in a different area of your Blogger template.

To get your custom Blogger favicons working again just move the favicon code between the ]]></b:skin> and </head> tags in your Blogger template. They should then display correctly.

If you want to know more about creating favicons check out my How to add a Favicon to your Blogger blog post.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! Was very sad when all my favicons disappeared. Feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the tutorial.
    Now I can see my "Bird" again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great workaround! Thanks a lot.

    I feel that a custom Favicon makes a blog seem slightly more professional.

    ReplyDelete