Saturday, November 8, 2008

Why do you blog?

Some people blog to network, some to get a message across, some for money, some for publicity – so why do you blog?

For me blogging has a certain freedom associated with it: the freedom to write articles about topics that really interest me, articles that aren’t commissioned by editors. I mentioned in another post (My escalating blog obsession) that blogging empowers people to self-publish in a way undreamt of even 20 years ago.

But this post isn’t about me. I’d like to know why you guys blog.

Do you have a business, do your friends like to blog? Maybe you want to try and build a name for yourself online, or maybe you hope to make money from your blog.

My reasons are part genuine curiosity, and part pragmatism. If I know why you blog I may be able to improve the articles on this site – tailor them to better suit your needs.

I’ll also take any suggestions for articles here too, so if you have any ideas or you want to know how to do something in Blogger – please leave a comment.

5 comments:

  1. I created a blog for the following reasons:

    1. Help people
    2. As a diary (i need vitamins for my memory)
    3. Maybe earn money in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Pinoy. I took a look at your blogs - looks like you got the 3 column layout working well! In my experience it's tough to make decent money blogging but I will definitely write an article about some of the options open to people soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no need to thank.hehe but thanks for viewing my blog =) I just used a plain white 3 column layout because I am a beginner and Im planning of designing my blog myself and learn the basics step by step. It is really tough making money online that is why for now Im just focusing more on my CONTENT so that many people would visit my blog. And I make articles not just for the sake of just putting but I try to make articles that is very important and would help people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pinoy! I agree with your approach wholeheartedly. It can be a long slow, road but if you create great, unique content and publicise it, in the end you will achieve your goals. As I said I will write a post covering some of the possible options for those who wish to make money blogging very shortly. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your welcome! Now and then Ill check your blog for updates. ^_^

    ReplyDelete